[Autistic] Let's get this party (re)started

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Tue Apr 24 16:23:24 BST 2007

** Stephen Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> [2007-04-21 20:00]:
> On 4/21/07, Zahn Daltocli <daltocli at gmail.com> wrote:
> >A suggestion though: Do we want an IRC channel for those who want to
> >talk real-time as well via the mailing list? I can host that too on my
> >ircd if ye wish :)
> Nice one Tom, glad to see your messages are arriving as well :)
>
> I'd be interested in an irc channel we did try having one on freenode
> when the lug first started but it died a death.   For myself it was
> the server that caused the problem (which I choose as well ;) )
> because people kept messaging me to ask me questions about projects I
> no longer follow which started to put a downer on lurking around but
> if you have an irc server already up and running I see no reason why
> not add it to the roster of things we do.
** end quote [Stephen Parkes]

I still hang around in the freenode channel when I have my irc client
running. At the moment this is on a box I have powered down waiting to
be slotted back into place after a couple of hardware upgrades. I've no
idea whether I create the channel as I sign in though. I didn't do
originally, but since I never see any chat in there I don't generally
switch to that tab!

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/