[Bassetlug mailing] LDAP authentication

Mark Pengelly markshop at pengelly.info
Tue Oct 6 07:28:45 UTC 2009

Been playing.

What's an appropriate name for a private (local lan) FQDN? Is that the right
question?

It feels important because of the fact that system emails will be derived
from it (yes?)

Also with an LDAP server one of the common uses is as a db for email address
books, presumably the domain name might need to tie up with what you wanted
people's email addresses to be?

my registered URL is pengelly.info so I'm thinking of using pengelly.local
as the FQDN for my machines. OK? eg: server1.pengelly.local

if I give myself a username of mark I'd generate an email from
'mark at pengelly.local' yes? How do I square that with the fact I really want
my email address to be mark at pengelly.info ?

hmmmm

Mark P

2009/10/5 MJ.Wells <mj.wells at ischus.co.uk>

> Many thanks for the links, I will have a go with them this week and let you
> know how I get on.
>
> Updates link looks particularly useful.
>
> Martin

Mark Pengelly