[Beds] Who's Here?

Dave Nash dave at davenash.com
Tue Aug 29 15:24:05 BST 2006

On 29 Aug 2006, at 14:50, Stephen Newey wrote:

> Having looked around the lug.org.uk site, it appears there are
> active LUGs in Milton Keynes, Luton, Cambridge and Peterborough
> (and probably other places in between). I get the feeling this list
> is mostly populated by people in North Bedfordshire? I propose we
> find out a little more about each other with a short survey so we
> can work out the best way to move forward.
>
> So here's a little list of questions for anyone who's interested....
>
> 1. Say Hi! So we know who's here.

Hello, I'm here!

> 2. Whereabouts are you?

South of Bedford.

> 3. What's your relationship with Linux? (how did you come to use
> it, what do you use it for, etc)

Run servers using linux in professional and domestic environments.
Started using Linux many years ago and finally became responsible for
a Cobalt RaQ before moving into using RedHat, SuSE and even a short
stint with Mandrake. I now use RedHat to run a QMail and LAMP
installation and Debian for running Asterisk.

> 4. What's your preferred distribution? (no need to get into why
> unless you really want to, just establishing a demographic!)

Ubuntu and Debian

> 5. What do you hope to get out of being involved with a Linux User
> Group? What sort of things would you like to see the group do?

Be there to answer questions, help less knowledgeable members with
their Linux installations and share experiences with different
applications and services.