[Beds] Who's Here?

Stewart Williams stewart_cw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 18:19:44 BST 2006

> So here's a little list of questions for anyone who's interested....
>
> 1. Say Hi! So we know who's here.
Bonjour, I am here.

> 2. Whereabouts are you?
Sandy

> 3. What's your relationship with Linux? (how did you come to use it,
> what do you use it for, etc)
Neil Darlow, who I have known for many years now got me interested in
it. I use it at home and I run my business on servers running it.

> 4. What's your preferred distribution? (no need to get into why unless
> you really want to, just establishing a demographic!)
Fedora (not so much now), Ubuntu and Debian (server's); and maybe
seriously get into Arch/Gentoo someday.

> 5. What do you hope to get out of being involved with a Linux User
> Group? What sort of things would you like to see the group do?
I would like to be of help to newcomers to the group, share tip's and
tricks, learn how people use their computers and what they use them for,
  what sort of things interest them about them, how they set things up,
etc etc. Meet fellow Linux enthusiasts, and all things OS related really.

Hands-on demonstrations are one thing that I'd like to see, but I
couldn't guarantee being able to make it to meetings due to work
commitments, but maybe an on-line download of the
presentation/demonstration could be made available. Just an Idea, I
don't know what it would cost :)

Irc chat's would be good also.

> That's a start, I'll get the ball rolling with answers of my own
> shortly, and feel free to add any more Q&As that might be useful.
>
> Cheers
> Steve

p.s. I don't know where Neil has got to, he's never about much lately :(