[Blackpool] Hi!

Rick Vause rvause at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:12:11 UTC 2011

Hi James,

Webmin/Virtualmin are really cool and handy but I found them incredibly
cumbersome. I administer quite a number of servers 7 of which are VPS
servers hosted by Linode. I'd suggest that if you can get to grips with a
good text editor like VIM, between that and getting to know bash a little
you will be far more productive on the command line. It is also likely that
you will earn a deeper understanding of what you are doing.

I name dropped Linode, not as a recommendation but because they have a great
base of how-to articles here: http://library.linode.com/ When I am doing
something new, I always start there as the articles don't overload you with
information and define clear steps and recommendations to get stuff done. A
lot of their articles are presented multiple times for a number of distros
including Cent OS.

I don't get to the meetings because of my weird working schedule but I
follow the mailing list.

~Rick

http://rickvause.com
http://twitter.com/rvause