[Blackpool] Good news everyone

B McLellan bob.mclellan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:01:59 UTC 2011

There seems to have been a sudden burst of activity for the LUG.
Perhaps a sign that 2011 will be the year of the Linux desktop! ;)

Tony mentioned at the last meeting that he had managed to get an HP
printer working without to much fuss recently so I decided to try and
get my laserjet working again. Last time I tried I spent about half an
hour fiddling with CUPs before I got bored and gave up. This time it
took about 5 seconds. I just plugged it in and Ubuntu 10.04 identified
it and downloaded the driver automatically. Cool!

Might try to ride my my luck and revive my MythTV box now.

Won't be at the meeting this week. See you all in Feb.

Rob