[Blackpool] Fwd: Re: UCubed & OK Computer

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Sat May 7 06:51:18 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Anna Morris" <say.hello.to.anna at googlemail.com>
Date: 6 May 2011 21:58
Subject: Re: [Blackpool] UCubed & OK Computer
To: "hughes anthony" <tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc: "Les Pounder" <lespounder at gmail.com>, "U^3 - an Ubuntu and Upstream
UnWorkshop day" <u-cubed at pielists.net>, "Llewyn" <llewyn at riseup.net>,
"Charlie Owen" <sonniesedge at gmail.com>, <blackpool at mailman.lug.org.uk>,
"Team MFS" <fsuk-manchester-team at nongnu.org>

like I say, its not really the right thing to formally merge these events,
because we already have active participation from 3 other groups (MFS, MGG,
BLug and maybe MLug, though i am lost as to who is from where) and a
"merger" of sorts between the okay computer of last time and the "build your
own pc" setup that girlgeek ran. I firmly propose we continue in the same
vein as before; one indipendant event with help and affiliation from as many
other groups and events as which to contribute. I know its a fine line, but
its important to me that the event stays the way it is.

Regarding a joint event, I am trying to take baby steps, but I am really
thinking that a very large vent next year could be amazing. We would have
had several really big events with lots of teamwork across the groups... its
not such a big step from there to a free software festival... room for
all... stalls.... bunting... maybe we could hire some cheer leaders!! oooh!

:D