[Blackpool] Hello Blackpool LUG

hughes anthony tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 11:37:18 UTC 2011

Hi Glen

Welcome to the BLUG mailing list. I think that most of us have to resort
to Windows even if it's only for work. I run XP and Win 7 in a virtual PC to
play with so I know how they work when I'm fixing friends windows machines.
I also run a couple of bits of software in windows that I can not get for
Linux.

I'm currently running Debian Mint I like the idea of a rolling release
without having to do a complete reinstall to get the latest packages even if
it is a little while before all the latest stuff goes into the Debian
testing repositories, they only made Fire Fox 4 available this week.

The meeting venue is shut this week but we're meeting for coffee and a chat
at 'Toast' in the centre of town at 10am on Saturday Morning (Tomorrow) they
have free wifi so a couple of us usually bring a netbook or laptop as well
as an assortment of smart phones. You're welcome to join us for some FLOSS
related banter and a fairly good coffee.

If you listen to the Linux Outlaws podcast, Les one of our members is on the
latest podcast doing an interview with the Microsoft open source lead.

Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Regards

Tony Hughes