[Blackpool] Saturday

James Page jmsp.1983 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:08:30 UTC 2015

Michael,

I'm with HTTPZoom. I think it's the following package:

Platform OpenVZ
4GB Dedicated Ram
4GB vSwap Ram
50GB Diskspace
2TB Transfer
4 Core CPU Fair Share
100mb Shared Port
SolusVM Control Panel
Maidenhead Location

I don't suspect a resources issue - at least, Webmin isn't showing any
unusual RAM or CPU usage, anyway.

I'm running a myBB forum on Apache. It's only got a handful of members and
posts each day, whilst the other sites being hosted are also dormant,
low-traffic WP sites.

The forum's only started to run noticeably slow over the past week or so.
I'd had a look at some Apache optimisation pages, but they didn't tally
with what I saw in my httpd.conf file, so I didn't touch it.

I thought it might be brute force attempts on the server which were slowing
things down, so I made some changes in iptables to close off SSH as a route
in, whilst I increased my Cloudflare security settings to deal with those
trying to get in via Web.  No change, but at least I think I managed to
deal with some security issues.

Best,
James

Best wishes,