[Blackpool] Fwd: RE: Saturday 4th July 2015

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:43:53 UTC 2015

I recall that these processing state % are not necessarily linked to the processor frequency and voltage in a linear fashion (pretty sure they aren't in fact and the processors step down in voltage and freq in steps, so it's a case of knowing what that processor does).

80% might not have done anything at all to the processor freq and voltage.  Maybe there was a small change made going to 99% from 100% and then nothing until you drop a lot more. It might be that for that processor the step down doesn't happen until 79% and the next step down at 50% etc.

It's particular to each intel processor?