[Blackpool] Stuff

James Page jmsp.1983 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 17:02:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been following the discussions from afar and it looks like things are
coming along nicely :) Given that I'm only an occasional/casual visitor to
the group, I think my input would be of limited use. However, I would like
to make a suggestion regarding fundraising. I've got experience of
researching and producing grant applications for social and not-for-profit
organisations which I would be happy to contribute. My last round of
applications generated around £15,000 in funding from two grant-making
programmes for a social enterprise. I believe the group would stand a good
chance of receiving some funding from the Big Lottery Fund if it could make
a case for its potential social impact. The Awards for All (England)
programme provides up to £10K to successful applicants - I'm sure you can
all think of various kit and events such an amount could fund.

Now, on to other matters... I think I've borked my Dell laptop that I was
repairing. I disassembled it, removed the old thermal grease (it was quite
'cakey') and put some new grease on; replaced the palm rest/trackpad, and
removed the old lid cover and replaced it with a new one. When I
reassembled it, it wouldn't power on. That subsequently turned out to be
because the power button cable had frayed, so a new one was purchased and
installed. It now powers on, but after a few minutes the screen goes
glitchy and the speakers emit noise (like a fizzing/noise tone). Any ideas
what I might have ballsed up?

Best wishes,
James