[Bradford] A topic suggestion

Tom Holderness tall.tom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:57:05 UTC 2008

Hi guys,
An interesting story (which I'm sure some of you will have read) about
fighting theft with a macbook and webcam!
(here)<http://www.geek.com/articles/apple/thieves-caught-on-stolen-macbook-webcam-20080513/>.
An example of software which builds on this idea is
Adeona<http://adeona.cs.washington.edu/index.html>where at given
intervals logs the laptop IP location, something worth
researching a bit more?

I'm looking forward to exploring the encryption features in Ubuntu
8.10...but haven't yet had time to clone my disk before upgrading.

and finaly for those of you bored at work....a small cartoon about the joys
of virus free Linux :) http://xkcd.com/272/