[Bradford] Project proposal for Braford LUG

Stop Watch Consulting Ltd mike.goodman at stopwatchconsulting.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 13:57:37 UTC 2009

It is widely reported - El Reg, ZD Net, among others - that the problem
with getting Linux onto the mainstream desktop is that it is too much
trouble for the average user to download, burn, load and I can easily
understand that. I don't see the point of doing everything for them, so
it may make sense to buy the OS-free basic boxes from CCL Computers
(Tong) which they put out at decent spec for in the region of £180. Add
a bit on for BradLUG and the user has a good spec box with an excellent
OS for a very reasonable price.

Without wishing to set light to a flame war, which distro are you all
assuming? ;-)