[Bradford] Project proposal for Braford LUG

Nick Rhodes nick at ngrsoftware.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 14:24:04 UTC 2009

Some more thoughts:

If we supplied the PC's, we be responsible for the consumer warranty
(repair/returns) for atleast 12 months. The truth is new hardware frequently
fails, which means someone WILL have to be available
We need good customer service (for the sake of Bradlug reputation and the
general open source image), which means having atleast one person who would
be able to work with a hardware supplier (e.g. CCL) during office hours.
This is why I personally would want to avoid the providing of hardware
directly and only offer advice (though if others are willing to fine :)) and
build service.

What ever Distro is chosen (IMHO should be Ubuntu), we need to provide urls
and email addresses of where to get help, a cheat sheet/quick start guide
and a shortish manual (like the Ubuntu pocket guide), all printed.

Cheers, Nick