[Bradford] Wordpress hosting

Oliver Burkill ollybee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 17:12:03 UTC 2015

I work for a hosting company eukhost. Wordpress hosting is £4 a month and
can host up to 5 sites. I don't have direct technical involvement with that
product but I know it's no worse than any other Wordpress hosting out there.

If you buy an unmanaged VPS with Digital Ocean or anyone else then remember
you are buying a server only, their responsibility is to make sure it is
running and has network connectivity, beyond that you are on your own.. If
you have sysadmin experience or want to learn then it's great, but if you
want someone to make sure your website is running as it should as opposed
to just the server then buy a hosting service.

The biggest issue customers with Wordpress hosting is security. Wordpress
has had 3 critical security vulnerabilities in the last year, also a number
of popular themes and plug-ins have also had issues. I see hacked Wordpress
accounts all the time.  As well as this Wordpress sites suffer performance
issues due to brute force attack on the log in page.