[Chester LUG] Oddity when saving bookmarks

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 16:33:12 UTC 2011

Not sure how to fix this, but for the future, I suggest you grab and install a firefox plugin called "xmarks".

In firefox - Tools > Add Ons, then click on the "Get Add Ons" tab and search for xmarks.

It'll ask you to set up an account.  Nothing insidious.  It's no worse than setting up an email account.  What it does is saves online your bookmarks and passwords.  It means if you login to a load of sites, like facebook, Linux Format website, etc, you don't need to remember your bookmarks or passwords when you've just done a reinstall.

Every time you change a bookmark, it prompts you when you close firefox to update the bookmarks.  It's really handy.  Especially if you want to transfer bookmarks from one machine to another.

Cheers

Paul