[Chester LUG] Looking to learn a language

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:52:34 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I would drop an email to ask for some advice re: programming
languages to learn. Now that I have time on my hands (at last) I am looking
to learn  a language that can be used for both web development as well as
locally on the PC. Ideally Object Orientated and beginner friendly (whilst
appreciating that although I understand objects, I am very much raw at any
level above that.) That would suggest Java but Java performance, from what I
read is pretty lackluster.

Oh and lastly, mainstream and RAD capable :)

If anyone can think of an language that fulfill those criteria, i'm
interested.

Stu