[Chester LUG] Slightly OT: perfect little machine for a low(ish) power Linux server

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 10:56:22 UTC 2012

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I run a number servers made of old
500MHz-1.5GHz processors at several small businesses (up to 15
workstations per server) - doing imap and smtp email, samba file
sharing, openvpn and even Asterisk for VoIP. I find that cpu load is not
an issue. I usually use RAID-1 in software - and again, doesn't seem to
generate much load.

I'm interested if you hit any other downsides when working with this system.

Regards,

Sebastian

Linux vehicle CCTV - www.open-t.co.uk/iroko