[dundee] OT, embarassment

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 22:31:36 BST 2003

I dual boot Mandrake 9.0 and Win XP - very rarely into Win XP. I am on
blueyodner broadband. Since I didn't need to worry when MSBlaster hit
(always running Mandrake), I didn't bother to check how to protect
myself. Happened to boot into Windows, computer went down with some
error that appears Blaster related. Ooops!! Whenever I've gone back
over to Windows, its crashed within a minute or two - not really
enough time to explore settings or anything.

I have next to no software on there - just a vanilla XP install, and
an old copy of Word (6.0, I think!).

Can any kind soul give me any pointers to fixing it? Can I download
any patch from MS via Linux and copy it over to the Win partition?

(Hangs head in shame, and shuffles off in embarrassment...)

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk