[dundee] McKinnon, Feisty and Dell

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 14:21:50 BST 2007

> would you buy a Dell now because they support a bit of the old Tux magic,
> or have you made do for so long without their support that it's not going
> to change a thing??

Having had a (then expensive) 17" Dell monitor pop on me 2 months out
of warranty, I've tended to avoid Dell since. Seeing Lenovo (who
bought out the old IBM PC business, and whose ThinkPads had/have a
good Linux reputation), get the Green award from ..., I'd tend to go
for one of them if I was going for a laptop. Less clear for a desktop.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk