[dundee] iPlayer protest and petiton

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 16:10:32 BST 2007

bbc, so no reruns of fauwlty towers on my linux computer then.

no throttling, that sounds like a bit of an oversight, a few nat/qos rules on your linux firewall will do the trick.....

I wonder if it could run via wine, or something?

Laters,
Lee

Lee Turner <lvturner at gmail.com> wrote: To be honest - it's not even the lack of 'Linux' support that's the issue (face it, we are a pretty niche market..) it's the fact that the file format it's self is locked.

Why should we be forced to use DRM by the BBC?

(Also worthy of note - it uses P2P silently, and provides no throttling options - be nice when you go over your monthly bandwidth allowance and get capped)

DRM: Digitally Restricted Malevolence

 On 03/08/07, Arron M Finnon <afinnon at googlemail.com> wrote: some of you may remember from a couple of meetings ago talking about
iPlayer the new bbc program that is used to play BBC down-loadable
content.  however it only works on windows, using i.e and media player,
no release date as yet for when they would make it available for the
gnu/linux geezers and geezerettes

links as follows

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/02/fsf_bbc_protest/

 http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/iplayer/

Chat on IRC, #tlug on  dundee.lug.org.uk

--
Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk