[dundee] Novell's CEO's lecture

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 00:10:15 BST 2007

                                   NEWS   FLASH

Earlier today.  A T-shirt  shop  in Dundee high street was  ram raided.

An eye witness account stated that a caucasian man of average build
and dark hair, wearing a light brown leather jacket over a Debian T-shirt
was seen leaving the scene.

Member of the public  should not approach this man. But inform your
local LUG.

all in jest m8 !!
Kris

On 8/17/07, gordon dunlop <gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Hey Attila,
> Great work, but I have a bone to pick with "Big Ron" - he owes me a
> T-shirt. A year ago Novell sent out a  questionnaire to pre-release SLED
> 10 (SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop)  testers asking about their opinions
> promising that the respondents would get a Novell T-shirt for their
> reply. I filled in the details and waited, and waited, and got nothing.
> Was it because I slated the bugs in the Zen updater that tried to take
> over from the main YaST updater (which was a good system), whereby you
> could not update anything. The only way you could get around this was to
> install SMART package manager. Even after installation, the GUI would
> not work as the Gnome desktop had been amended by Novell to minimize
> interference by users (Enterprise Edition). The only way you could
> upgrade was by using the command line to upgrade via SMART. So "Big Ron"
> you me a T-Shirt, give me it to me and all is forgiven or else I will
> get Arron to sort you out. I manage both Fedora and SuSE now via SMART
> package manager.
>
> Gordon
>

> Attila Szomor wrote:
> > Novell's CEO Ron Hovsepian: the most important task of the Linux
> > Community is accelerating the progress of Linux.
> >
> > Here's the link:
> >

> http://www.novell.com/img/flash/load_stream.html?temp=1&id=ron_hovsepian_keynote_at_linux_world_2007_20070808
> >

> > By the way i've sent that mail to Novell and now i'm waiting for an
> > answer...
> >
> > Attila

> > Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a
very narrow field.
  - Niels Bohr