[dundee] Novell's CEO's lecture

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 21:41:48 BST 2007

was that a case of

apt-get remove windows ... boom boom

azmodie <azmodie at gmail.com> wrote: ====================================================
                                   NEWS   FLASH

Earlier today.  A T-shirt  shop  in Dundee high street was  ram raided.

An eye witness account stated that a caucasian man of average build
and dark hair, wearing a light brown leather jacket over a Debian T-shirt
was seen leaving the scene.

Member of the public  should not approach this man. But inform your
local LUG.

all in jest m8 !!
Kris

On 8/17/07, gordon dunlop < gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:Hey Attila,
Great work, but I have a bone to pick with "Big Ron" - he owes me a
T-shirt. A year ago Novell sent out a  questionnaire to pre-release SLED
10 (SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop)  testers asking about their opinions
promising that the respondents would get a Novell T-shirt for their
reply. I filled in the details and waited, and waited, and got nothing.
Was it because I slated the bugs in the Zen updater that tried to take
over from the main YaST updater (which was a good system), whereby you
could not update anything. The only way you could get around this was to
install SMART package manager. Even after installation, the GUI would
not work as the Gnome desktop had been amended by Novell to minimize
interference by users (Enterprise Edition). The only way you could
upgrade was by using the command line to upgrade via SMART. So "Big Ron"
you me a T-Shirt, give me it to me and all is forgiven or else I will
get Arron to sort you out. I manage both Fedora and SuSE now via SMART
package manager.

Gordon

Attila Szomor wrote:
> Novell's CEO Ron Hovsepian: the most important task of the Linux
> Community is accelerating the progress of Linux.
>
> Here's the link:
>
>  http://www.novell.com/img/flash/load_stream.html?temp=1&id=ron_hovsepian_keynote_at_linux_world_2007_20070808
>

> By the way i've sent that mail to Novell and now i'm waiting for an
> answer...
>
> Attila

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk

--
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.