[dundee] Linux Society General Meeting - 17th January - 7pm

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:26:00 GMT 2008

          The University of Abertay Dundee Linux Users Society

                     Meeting 17th January 2008 7pm

            Cinema (3rd Floor), Students Association Centre,

                          Bell Street, Dundee

         General Meeting – All Members and Interested Parties

To all members and other interested parties,

Your attendance at the next general meeting of the Linux Society is
requested. We work to have a fantastically diverse and busy schedule
within the society, however from time to time it is necessary to have a
General Meeting, so that points can be raised and addressed and new
ideas put into action. As we try to have a democratic model that we use,
I.e. voting on a majority of society actions then your presence is
requested.

We have had an incredible end to the year, and I would like to thank
everyone for all their effort in the past year. Please find below the
purposed agenda, I would like to ask you all to read it and think of
anything you would like to say with regards to the topic. If there is
something that you wish to discuss at the meeting, and it isn't on the
agenda please raise it at any other business.

Agenda as follows;

OLPC -

Discussion and update on the fund raising and organising the
contributors rota for the units. Discussion about further PR and
demonstration to the outside world.

WEB -

Discuss web presence,

TheLinuxSociety.Org.Uk

Dundee.Lug.Org.Uk

bebo.com/linuxsociety

Content for sites, and other webbery things

EVENTS -

Discuss current and proposed events

LINUX FROM SCRATCH -

Getting off the ground

RESPUN Vs CUSTOM MADE DISTRO FOR FRESHERS FAIR -

AberLinux – Respun, Recreator, LFS as a LiveCD

O'RILES

How it all works, and who's requesting their first book for review.
Discount links on the sites banners that sort of thing

FURTHER TALKS

Member and Guest speakers talks. Flash Talks

NEW BUSINESS

TBA

I thank you for your support in this matter and look forward to seeing
you all at the meeting.

Yours

Arron M Finnon

President