[dundee] pkg-config

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 01:08:23 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Nistur <nistur at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've just been doing some... upgrades on our router... installing things
> that might be useful for the flat...
> The router is still running Ubuntu (now happily upgraded since last time
> to Gutsy) the only problem is that one of the things I'm doing is
> installing rtorrent to it (to cut down on bandwidth usage as everything
> will be centralised). [Avoids pointless details] I'm rebuilding rtorrent
> because I want some of the newer features that the gutsy repositories
> don't have (namely xmlrpc support) libtorrent however wants pkg-config
> to be present. So I installed it.
> I have so far been simply making the .pc files and copying across the
> contents from my own PC. I've looked everywhere online to no avail, is
> there any way to automatically create the files? Or as is more likely
> the case due to the nature of them... is there a package containing
> important ones?
>
> Surely having to make the pkg-config files myself kinda makes pkg-config
> slightly less useful...

I  compiled the latest svn trunk. on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy.

make sure you have libxmlrpc-c3-dev libxmlrpc-c3 installed. (needed for
xmlrpc)

i then used this tutorial to build svn version. although i used

./configure --with-xmlrpc-c

http://www.howtoforge.com/compile_rtorrent_from_svn_ubuntu

also note bug in xmlrpc.cc  http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/ticket/1254

once installed copy the rtorrent.rc from rtorrent/trunk/rtorrent/doc/
to ~/.rtorrent.rc and configure it as per requirements and
http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/RTorrentXMLRPCGuide

this should get you up and running.

azmodie
--
Umbrella Corporation :-
"They are the fear within all of that there is a company. The Corporation