[dundee] Fwd: [ubuntu-uk] Disable touchpad while typing

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Sat Apr 25 13:32:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:59:50 +0100, azmodie wrote:

> this is a great trick for laptops and netbooks.

Probably worth mentioning that with Xserver 1.6 and the current
synaptics driver none of these SHM/config hacks is needed. The driver
can be configured on the fly via device properties.

http://who-t.blogspot.com/2008/10/device-properties-have-landed.html
http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/04/synaptics-11-and-what-your-touchpad-can.html

For example for Fedora 11 in the mouse properties dialogue in GNOME,
there is a new tab for configuring your touchpad.

On a slightly related note, if people saw the HUGE C_A_BS Xserver
zapping threads. The right solution was eventually found.

http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/04/zapping-server.html

Personally I'm a big fan of C_A_BS (although not used so much now we
don't need xorg.conf) and don't recall ever hitting it by _mistake_.

Andrew