[dundee] Microshaft, patents sudo - well get me a sandwich, i mean MSudo me a sandwich-SP3

Arron M Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 08:06:47 UTC 2009

http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/opensource/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=221700117&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/12/microsoft_patents_sudo/

I may have missed this on the list, not sre if it has been posted, but
unix jealousy has striked again - Microsoft have decided not only do
they like sudo they want to patent a version of it as their own.

This comes just after they've had to release their ImageMaster under the
GPL, cause they got caught playing with the 'cancer' that's FLOSS
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/microsoft_gpl_violation_imagemaster_apology/

Personally i have no issue with it, the more they make windows like
linux, the easier the conversion will be for new guys and girls crossing
over.  Ballmer the best thing to happen to FOSS since the GCC -
http://gcc.gnu.org/

--
Arron "finux" Finnon

Finux.co.uk/blog - Twitter.com/f1nux - facebook.com/finux

Podcasting for HPR, shows can be found at;