[dundee] Flash Talks

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 16 10:40:01 UTC 2009

As most of you should know, This weeks meeting is a Flash Talks evening,
Where we have 4 different speakers give a talk on something that they are
passionate or interested in.

Could those who have said that they will do a talk, please email me, along
with a short paragraph describing their talk, and what they hope to discuss.
(if you require more clarification, please email me)

Arron has already emailed me his...(Being president of the society must make
you efficient...hope it will rub off on me :P)
So here it is, I'll release the other's as they are mailed to me so you'll
know what to expect at the meeting.

Arron Finnon: Defeating SSL - Knowing the true value of a Lobster
*My talks aim is to highlight one of the many implementation
vulnerabilities that have recently been discovered in the Secure
Protocol SSL.

It focuses on the work of Moxie Marlinspike, and discuss attacks that
can still be deployed in real world scenarios.

With luck, this should shake your views on how secure HTTPS really is.*

Also, I'm speaking to Margaret Mcculloch today about the builders at the
last meeting. Hopefully we shouldn't have the same problem as we did at the
AGM.

Thanks,

Nick.
--