[dundee] Introduction to Artificial Intelligence

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 09:54:09 UTC 2011

You might all also want to check out MIT's excellent Open Courseware:

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

My personal favourite is the classic course on the Structure &
Interpretation of Computer Programs.

Especially awesome is lecture 7a where Gerald Sussman presents the
meta-circular-evaluator (described by some as the maxwells equations
of computer science) in true mystic style with a magicians hat:

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-001-structure-and-interpretation-of-computer-programs-spring-2005/video-lectures/

Incidentally Sussman is also on the board of directors for the Free
Software Foundation.
The accompanying book (which is also a classic) is available for free online:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of free education there is also the
excellent one man university at the khan acadamy:

http://www.khanacademy.org/

R.