[dundee] Meeting Details - 5th May 2011 : Introduction to SSH

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:38:19 UTC 2011

 Meeting Details - 5th May 2011 : Introduction to SSH
by Kris Findlay

SSH also known as Secure Socket Handler :
In this talk I will be explaining some of the different uses of SSH and will
give some great examples of how SSH can be used.

   - Allows people to securely transfer files in many ingenious way.
   - It also allows control of remote machines whereby remote applications
   can be run locally
   - Can also secure your internet while using wifi hotspots
   - Securely mount a directory on a remote server as a file system on a
   computer to be used locally
   - Create Tunnels through the internet and internal networks
   - Forward Ports from remote machine to your localhost

Hope to see you all at the meeting.
If you cant make meeting we will be in the counting house for a few beers
and a chat from around 8pm

Kris Findlay
Azmodie
http://www.the-os.org.uk