[dundee] Meeting Details - 5th May 2011 : Introduction to SSH

Arron 'Finux' Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Tue May 3 14:53:03 UTC 2011

Kris thanks for that.

In addition to Kris's superb talk, i would remind everyone that next
year's president candidates will be giving a < 10 minute talk(s) on
their plans for the society if elected.

So in the usual lecture theatre as we're normally in, meet up for 6.45.
If your late i'm sure one of the nice security guards will show you the
right way.

Catch you all on Thursday

Finux

On 03/05/11 13:28, azmodie wrote:

>       Meeting Details - 5th May 2011 : Introduction to SSH
>       by Kris Findlay
>
> SSH also known as Secure Socket Handler :
> In this talk I will be explaining some of the different uses of SSH
> and will give some great examples of how SSH can be used.
>
>     * Allows people to securely transfer files in many ingenious way.
>     * It also allows control of remote machines whereby remote
>       applications can be run locally
>     * Can also secure your internet while using wifi hotspots
>     * Securely mount a directory on a remote server as a file system
>       on a computer to be used locally
>     * Create Tunnels through the internet and internal networks
>     * Forward Ports from remote machine to your localhost
>
> Hope to see you all at the meeting.
> If you cant make meeting we will be in the counting house for a few
> beers and a chat from around 8pm
>
> Kris Findlay
> Azmodie
> http://www.the-os.org.uk

Arron "finux" Finnon

Finux.co.uk - Twitter.com/f1nux - facebook.com/finux

PGP: http://finux.co.uk/finux.asc