[Nelug] Dougie's Junk Box (swaps and give-aways)

Richard Patterson richard at helpquick.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 18:47:16 UTC 2005

Dougie Nisbet wrote:

> Sony Vaio PCG F160
> -----------------------
> Two options.
> 1. I'll pay someone a fixed price if they can fix it. (Richard, did
> you say you did this sort of thing? £50 if you can fix it?)
> 2. Free to a good home.

Hmmm... after looking at the instructions you have linked to there...
nope, i don't think i'd offer a no fix, no fee on that one... and if i
were to accept it as "free to a good home", i'd be doing so only to rip
out the bits that might be useful for other things (memory, hard disk,
maybe even the screen)... I doubt if i'd try to fix it - would take too
long.

> Two Miser 2X22W Low Energy High/Low PIR Floodlights.

They sound quite interesting, but i probably wouldn't get around to
putting them up anywhere... except maybe in the loft... might be
hackable to switch off the courtesy light, and dusk-dawn sensor, and
just have them come on with the PIR... would be great in the loft. (i'll
give it some thought)

> Software: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 and VFR Photgraphic Scenery
> for Northern England
>

> Software: The Britannica Quizmaster.
> -------------------------------------
> No idea what this is. Still shrink-wrapped. Came with Encyclopedia
> Britannica.
>
> Motorola Talkabout 180e mobile phone (broken) no sim. Orange.
> Dunno if it's the mobile or the charger that's knackered. Both free.
> My hunch is that it's the phone that's dead.

No thanks...

> CPU fans/heatsinks
> --------------------
> 2 X Coolermaster DP5-5G51
> 1 X DP2-5G52 - labelled as 'Slot A Athlon to 850Mhz'

No thanks...

> Linux
> ------
> From the May 2004 issue of Linux Format, Mandrake 10 Community
> Edition. Full Distro. 3CDs
> From the Oct 2003 issue of Linux Magazine Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 DVD
> (plus Knoppix)
> From the Nov 2003 issue of Linux Magazine SuSE Linux 8.2 Professional DVD

Oh my god!, no... no... no more magazines please! (I still have a huge
pile to go through)

> All free to good homes. Gratuities^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Pints of Guest
> Beer at the recipients discretion. If Richard's offer of the PC is
> still on, I'd like to give him first refusal since the PC is quite a
> generous donation.
>
> Dougie

So, i might be convinced to take the laptop and lights off your hands... ;-)

Cheers,

Richard

P.S. the PC needs some memory... there's a 64Meg dimm just inside the
case, which is duff!