[Durham] Holding packages from being updated

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 12:55:54 UTC 2014

On 14 July 2014 09:24, Richard Mortimer <richm at oldelvet.org.uk> wrote:

> So an "aptitude hold" will stop "aptitude upgrade" from doing an upgrade
> but will not stop "apt-get upgrade" from upgrading that package.

Recently, and only on 'testing' I think, I've started getting the slightly
intriguing  ...

root at skye:~# apt-get upgrade dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... E: Unable to locate package dist-upgrade

which I haven't been worrying about unduly as I probably shouldn't be
dist-upgraging as recklessly as I tend to.

Dougie