[Durham] Help

Jonathan Gowar jon at whiteheat.org.uk
Wed Apr 27 09:45:34 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-26 19:51, A Pearson wrote:
> Jonathon
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply so far.
> It does not seem to be the boot that's the problem as It opens up as
> far as the scenic pictures that form the Mint desktop. Its just when I
> try to log on in the boxes after that when the User Name and Password
> are rejected so we are not far off actually running. I should have
> said that I do not suspect the keyboard as the same happened using the
> on screen virtual keyboard with the mouse so its not a key change
> problem. Password comprises upper and lower case and numerals for
> strength

My suggestion is to reset (or reinstall Mint, and set) the password to
something simple "fish" for example, and the previous email is the
method I'd use.  If you go that route and get stuck, give us a shout.

As for my boot loader suggestions, that was to get Grub working, it's
just my preference, so ignore it at your leisure:)

Regards,
Jon