[Durham] Regatta Equipment Officer
mark at re-pute.it
Wed Jan 20 14:54:51 UTC 2016
Maybe we need to tweak the title of this so nobody comes asking LUG
members for boating equipment. How about Regatta Comms Person?
Prepare/Control equipment allocations throughout the regatta weekend.
• Prepare equipment packs for officials.
• Charge/Allocate/Distribute/Reclaim portable radios.
• Be on hand to handle any equipment issues that arise during the day.
A decidedly non-technical role. Basically ensure that the equipment
packs are prepared for each official as per the equipment allocation
lists. Ensure that these are distributed as appropriate and handle any
breakdowns/flat batteries as they crop up. This would be ideal to
combine with the network/PC role over the weekend and a couple of people
could easily rota themselves and have a pleasant weekend in a deckchair
with refreshments provided!
• Check equipment in the weeks leading up to the regatta and ensure that
there is a sufficient supply of batteries for megaphones and similar items.
• Make up officials packs (may require some laminating on the eve of the
regatta) and label as appropriate.
• Ensure that portable radios are received from the supplier, signed out
to officials and received back/returned at the end of the regatta.
• Be on hand over the regatta weekend to handle any issues that arise.
This mainly involves replacing flat batteries.
This task is essential for the regatta to proceed and having an
independent group who can take on the responsibility to configure/setup
leaves the core regatta team to concentrate on preparing the racing itself.
www.re-pute.it _/ _/ _/ a laptop with ethics to be proud of
More information about the Durham