[Glastonbury] an Idea ends I guess

Andrew M.A. Cater glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 7 17:23:01 2003

Mike,

The idea may be a good one.  As stated elsewhere in the thread,
you need the LUGoG to get into a rhythm and you also need to
show expertise.  The LUGoG and this mailing list are an ideal
way to gain expertise and confidence and are a head start towards
building a knowledgeable (??sp.??) community.

The idea of a cybercafe is also a good one.  I actually have
relatively recent experience with a charity who were running
one as a money making venture here in cheltenham.  I may
be able to help you with the essentials.  I know what I would
have liked to have done given the opportunity.

Interesting how people on the list view each other - I know
Martin very well In Real Life and, at least to me, he seems
relatively less interested in the nuts and bolts and more
in systems which "just work".

Since I normally live in Cheltenham, I'm relatively unlikely
to be down to Glastonbury on a regular basis but I'm still
concerned to see a flourishing LUG and will endeavour to
help in any way in which I can, as ever.

Andy