[Glastonbury] Re: Glastonbury digest, Vol 1 #48 - 10 msgs

Tim Hall glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 21:34:00 2003

Hi All,
I've been away for a bit, couldn't help but jump on this one.

On Friday 25 July 2003 13:22, Mike Keogh wrote:
> if you are a placid Buddhist type,...the speech precepts are kind
> of important ...you know, avoidance of harsh speech!!!!!!

Yes and No.
Buddhist teachers are frequently challenging to their students.
There is of course a delicate balance to be struck :-)
I didn't find Martin's words overly harsh in this instance. It is true that
mere words can somtimes provoke extreme reactions and it is good for us all
to be mindful of that fact.

cheers

tim hall