[Glastonbury] css and stuff

Tim Hall glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jun 14 00:24:00 2003

Thanks Rob,
That took a lot of the waiting out of wanting!
Lucy for some, eh?

On Friday 13 June 2003 20:32, Rob Cornelius wrote:
[snippety]
> You dont actually need a highly complex book, The only book for CSS I
> have is O'Reilys Webmaster in a Nutshell. The CSS chapter lists every
> attribute and a lot of the more reliable selectors.
>
> There is also some excellent and accessable stuff on the W3c site at
> http://www.w3c.org/Style/CSS/learning/

Ah, I thought this probably /was/ the place to look. I'd missed that link
somehow.  Too much on-screen reading makes my eyes go blurry. Still I printed
out the important pages and I feel much more clued up now. Thanks!

> Absolute &&|| relative postioning is a little tricky. Again if your
> going to get into it try it in /every/ broswer you can lay your hands on
> (IE cant add up by the way!!)

I actually rather like the semi-randomness of html - the most important thing
is that everyone is able to see the information in a reasonable layout. CSS
also means I can show people how to basically mark up their documents etc.
and be able to present them in a uniform style.

That was easy! next, designing and installing fonts. (Hehehe:-)
excuse me while I read the next few hundred pages of documentation.

cheers

tim hall