[Glastonbury] OpenOffice.org 1.1

Nick Irwin nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 13:17:01 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I saw the article in Linux Format last month about OpenOffice.org v1.1. Looks
good I thought to myself and they have finally improved the loading times and
Microsoft Word document loading.

Well I must say after installation, I was to say the least, impressed, I have
been a StarOffice user for some time (it's free for students). But I
seriously think that this release has made OpenOffice a serious competitor of
StarOffice, I am now 'on the fence' deciding which to use.

Anyone else got any opinions on open office 1.1? If you don't yet have it, I'd
really suggest giving it a try.

--
Nick Irwin
Term-time E-mail: nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk