[Glastonbury] linux using AOL

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 18:29:29 GMT 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, keith muir wrote:

> Hi all first time on here and i have some intresting
> news if your on AOL broadband

Welcome to the list, and to the group, Keith.

Don't know how many people here are using AOL, but thanks for the info.

> i did try sending this using aol but it got bounced

Keith -- anything containing the merest hint of HTML gets grabbed by our
spam filter, and shoved in quarantine.  It then has to be de-poxed
manually, by me, when I have the time.
It was your great good luck (NOT) that this weekend, for the first time
in years, I switched off my complete network for 48 hours.  (Blame it on
carnival.  Not true, but it's a good excuse!)

Now you've got the HTML turned off, your mail should get straight to the
list, no problem.

Are you coming to the meeting on Wednesday evening?  (First Installfest.
Should be hysterical.)

Cheers,