[Glastonbury] PLEASE HELP

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Oct 2 22:52:07 BST 2003

>> 3)I am on the internet with Freeserve.. What do i do on knoppix?
>
> Is this from the laptop?  You may find that connecting from Knoppix
> is slightly harder.  Since most things under Knoppix are effectively
> done as "root", it may be advisable to look carefully before connecting
> to the net as root.

If you are using a 56k connection then you need to find out how your MODEM
works... many recent "internal" Modems rely on Windows software to make
them work, therefore you need to go to a site such as
http://www.linmodems.org to find the drivers. If you are using an ADSL
"frog" give me a shout -- I'm connecting with it now, so have some
experience in these matters :-)