[Glastonbury] Meeting on the 15th

steve at fractalsoup.org steve at fractalsoup.org
Wed Oct 8 18:02:39 BST 2003

hi folks,
just a quick one to say that yes i can open up on the 15th October if
that's what people want.
i have been ill so out of the loop for a while.
i am glad things still went ahead on the 1st and thanks to anthony for
stepping in "on behalf of the school" at the last minute.
shall we say 6 - 9pm? or 7 - 9pm?
mandrake 9.2 is out next month on linux format DVD if people want to
wait until then.
i have 9.1 anyway. i also have knoppix 9.2 and the skolelinux iso.
kernel 2.6 is due out. test can be found here
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/patch-2.6.0-test6.bz2
can we look at a session on "how to recompile the kernel"?

also i need some help getting the smartboard in T1 to work with linux.
i have the drivers for it but it is a usb (groan) connection.
maybe this is the problem.
this is the only reason i (sometimes) use windows to teach on.

regards to one and all,
steve l_c