[Glastonbury] Re: Glastonbury] (no subject) - a further reply to Graham's questions

Andrew M.A. Cater glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 21 21:42:05 2003

All,

It might help if you put a subject in your initial mail to the list
server.  I've just been to the archives to check what Graham's post
actually said - there are an awful lot of Glastonbury - no subject
type posts there.

Graham: You are running Linux on your machine. Some questions:

Is your machine using dial-up to Freeserve?

Is your son's machine networked to yours (or is your son dialling
up separately to Freeserve/whatever) ?

Potential solution #1:

The scenario which might work is:

Your machine - runs fetchmail to pull _in_ from Freeserve, exim/Postfix
to send _out_ via the Freeserve SMTP host, procmail to sort mail
between you and your son, pop3 server for your son's Windows
machine.
^

Network cable in between machines

His machine runs Outlook Express - but uses _your_ machine as its
mail host.

Put in some basic info to the list, and we'll go from there :)

Andy

PS: Apologies: without sight of the original, I may have misspelt
Graham for Graeme throughout.