[Glastonbury] BPM Calculator

Graham Oxley graham at oxley1165.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 20:32:07 GMT 2004

Hi folks

To all the muso's amongst you,

I have written a BPM calculator. Not your usual sort that converts delay
times into tempi and vice versa, but one that calculates the appropriate
tempo to play a piece of music at from the key it is played in. All to do
with sub-harmonics, intermodulation distortion and the frequency difference
between pythagorean (or perfect) intervals and well tempered ones.

If that is too much, I have even written half a manual for it. The program is
at development version 0.1 at the moment, and uses Qt/Kde.

Any takers? Let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Ta,

Graham