[Glastonbury] Anyone seen Kelvin?

Kelvin McNulty kelvin24 at gcircle.co.uk
Thu May 6 21:50:07 BST 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 13:38, tim hall wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2004 13:15, Sean Miller wrote:
> >  I understand that Steve is working within the constraints
> > of St. Dunstans School...
>
> Exactly.
>
> Apologies also for not hanging around for further discussion last night. I
> have also had a very busy week. Personally I don't find a smoky, noisy pub
> the best place to continue the conversation either.
>
> For now, we do have this mailing list.

Well a mailing list is good, but actually sitting and talking with people is
usually better... though I also would prefer something other than a pub.

> What are we doing next month. Perhaps we could have a more open-ended
> evening, with some kind of structure, to discuss issues that have come up
> so far?
>
> I really appreciate being able to use T1 for our meetings, thanks Steve for
> making that possible. A presentation like last night's would have taken
> considerably more organisation in any other venue. Yes it's a shame we
> can't ramble on until the early hours, we do need time to digest all the
> information. We live & learn.

I also thank Steve for making it possible. I would like everyone to know that
I was embarrassed that people would not leave T1 when Steve asked us to.

T1 is such an excellent venue with all its wonderful equipment but Steve is
not the only person responsible for it. The St Dunstans Caretaker also must
make sure, on behalf of the school, that everything is locked and secure when
we leave. I do think we could consider where else we might meet after the
technical session of the evening which clearly needs to finish at 9pm while
it is held at T1.

Best,

Kelvin

PS My address for this list (and lists in general) is kelvin24 at gcircle.co.uk.
I forgot to switch it on my last post (Martin fixed it so both work after
previous times that I forgot, but the messages did not bounce).