[Glastonbury] Anyone seen Kelvin?

Grenville Coakes mail at coakes.abelgratis.co.uk
Sat May 8 16:10:26 BST 2004

> On Thursday 06 May 2004 15:19, Kelvin McNulty wrote:
>
>> I think if we have another meeting with so much material then we should
>> fix
>> it so we have at least an hour afterwards, somewhere else if necessary
>> that
>> supports  personal comfort, where we can freely discuss everything. It
>> is
>> clearly unsuitable to stimulate a whole bunch of lively people so
>> strongly
>> without an opportunity to absorb and share the implications of the
>> material
>> delivered.
>
> Well put.
>
> It's especially difficult if people are going to be coming from further
> away
> (like Grenville or myself) - I would've hung around a bit longer last
> night
> to chat about stuff but it'd been a long day as it was.
>
> BTW anyone know any of these chaps?
>
> http://www.southwest.lug.org.uk/
>
> Grenville mentioned these last night and it might make sense for us
> slightly
> further west to hook up with them too.

I agree - I would've hung around a bit longer myself if there was the
opportunity.  As a newbie it would've been nice to have the opportunity to
play around on some Linux machines, chat with more experienced users about
setting up my machines (e.g. Linux doesn't recognise the winmodem on my
laptop - although poking around the web I've now found a couple of small
utilities that should help me around that), and just generally chewing the
fat on matters Linux/FOSS.

Anyway, I enjoyed the meeting and will probably come along to the next one
and maybe drag a couple of others along.

ATB,