[Glastonbury] Just a little idea

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 21:49:12 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 09:24:15PM +0000, Greg Browne wrote:
> As a new user dare I throw a vote in the direction of Mandrake 10 or
> 10.1? It just, well sort of, works with simple installation questions
> like US or UK!  I tried Debian Woody but just could not get the
> graphic drivers to work properly on a VIA C3 board and found many of
> the questions/instructions incomprehensible to a newbie.
>
> Greg

Try the Debian "Sarge" net installer - a few questions including
the name of the machine, IP address and so on then download the
rest from the net. It's about 15 minutes or so to install the base
system and then potentially a long download from the 'Net.

Woody is about two years old: Debian "Sarge" a.k.a testing at this
point is likely to release within the next couple of months. Martin
should have a netinst CD around or go to
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/i386/pre-rc2/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

I can't remember off-hand which graphics chipset the (presumably
mini-itx) C3 boards are using. Any problems - ask - and you may get the
right answer.

"Go not to Usenet - for you will be told No and Yes and Try another
newsgroup" :)

Andy

Andy