[Glastonbury] Thanks

Peter Fry pjfry at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 25 19:49:22 GMT 2004

Message text written by "The Linux User Group of Glastonbury \(LUGOG\)"

Yes, Red Hat 7.2 is rather old, came out in the Autumn of 2001... I have
RedHat 9 and Fedora Core 1 if Peter wants to try either of those (Fedora is
newer, but for some reason I prefer RH9)...

Sean

<

Hi Sean
Thanks for the offer. As I've spent a bit of time getting my first machine
working, what with dual boot** and all that, I'll stick to ver 7.2 for a
while. When I come to converting my better machine perhaps I could ask to
try ver 9.

**I thought I would leave Win95 on the old machine in case I needed to
refer to the graphic card or NIC details. As it happened,  RH detected
everything for me. Bet it wouldn't have worked if I had wanted Xwindows!

Cheers

Peter