[Glastonbury] Thanks

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 23:03:01 GMT 2004

Hi Peter,
> Can't say I've heard of KANOTIX - is it like KNOPPIX, i.e. runs in RAM

Yes, it is based on KNOPPIX but uses Debian/sid (I think that SID
follows Debian Sarge). KANOTIX is an improved version of KNOPPIX
-700MB download. It is a 'run from disk' distro but there are some
quite simple instructions on the KANOTIX forum to install it to the
hard drive. After all the problems I've had with various distros, this
is a dream and runs in 128MB, unlike SUSE 9.2 LiveCD which wont. It
correctly identified a variety of NICs, graphic cards etc and within
no time, I had an internet connection without having to get out any
manuals and was recording from tape to CD (audacity and K3bCD burner)!

Greg
--
Greg Browne
www.rotherleigh.co.uk