[Glastonbury] [Fwd: Tomorrow's advertised meeting]

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Wed Dec 14 09:19:21 GMT 2005

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

>Now the LUGoG has to grow up into a "real" group - which potentially
>means (some minimal) sort of committee, some sort of
>finances/subscription, some sort of meeting plans.  E.g a book group is
>fine if it can borrow a room in the public library for an hour or two at
>the say so of a librarian - once it has to pay for a room/justify its
>existence in a profitable space, it needs more organisation. Same here.

Perhaps now is the time to start that Linux cybercafé that was mooted a
while back... would anywhere in Glastonbury be prepared to sub-contract
the running of an internet facility to the group to run? Perhaps with a
few Linux machines plus the facility for folks visiting to "plug in"
their own laptops (perhaps a wireless network with PCMCIA cards for
"hire")... I have seen many times folks in Glastonbury asking if there
is a cybercafé around, only to be told there is not.

Trying to think outside the box...